ABOUT US

PHONE

(402) 476-3888

 

EMAIL

office@friedens.org

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • YouTube Social  Icon
  • SoundCloud Social Icon
ADDRESS

540 D. Street

Lincoln, NE 68502

Diretions on Google Maps

SUBSCRIBE FOR EMAILS

FRIEDENS' HISTORY

Friedens Lutheran Church was organized and built in 1907 by German immigrants who migrated to Lincoln Nebraska from Russia.

 

They modeled the church building on memories of their church back in their homeland. A fire in 1925 destroyed the second steeple at the west end of the church, which was not rebuilt, and as a result, a balcony along the south wall of the church was removed.

Some remodeling and the addition of new restrooms and new stairways both up and down from the basement to the balcony were competed in 2007 to coincide with Friedens' 100 year anniversary.

 

Pastors who have served Friedens most recently include:

  • Pastor Gordon Jorgensen (1977 to 1983)

  • Pastor Fred Wolff (1985 to 1991)

  • Pastor Delmar Klover (1992 to 2004)

  • Pastor Howard Rasmussen (2006 to 2015)

  • Pastor Katherine Woolf (2015 to 2019)

Friedens Lutheran Church currently has approximately 150 confirmed members and is part of the Nebraska Synod of the ELCA.